Yosemite is located in the Sierra Nevada mountain range in central California. Transportation is mainly done by auto. Limited public transport is available. Private shuttle companies can fill in the gaps. When driving to Yosemite be aware of seasonal road closures and check your route beforehand.
Please note that GPS units do not always provide accurate directions to or within Yosemite. Yosemite covers 1,200 square miles and does not have a single address. We do not recommend using GPS units for directions in and around Yosemite. If you do use a GPS unit, just keep in mind that if there’s a conflict between what the road sign says and what your GPS unit says, the road sign is correct (and your GPS unit isn’t).
Directions to Yosemite
The following links take you to the Yosemite National Park website for more info:
- Driving directions
- Vehicle restrictions (for RVs, trailers, and other large vehicles)
- Public transportation to and around Yosemite.
- See here for information on using Public Transport from the Bay to Yosemite.
- Nearby airports
- Winter road closures and alternate routes to Yosemite during winter
- Camping or Lodging
- Airport Public Transit Document