2023 Departure Dates by Month
2024 Departure Dates by Month
“All dates remain tentative until permitted 22-weeks in advance. Please remain from making travel arrangements outside of this timeline. We will contact you if we are unsuccessful in obtaining your dates. Feel free to contact us if you would like to confirm.”
Day 1: Pre–Trip Lodging
This comprehensive Yosemite hiking package includes lodging the night before and the night after your 4 scheduled days of hiking, thus making the total package a 6 day/5 night package with 4-days of hiking/meals in the middle. Obtaining reservations in and around Yosemite can be extremely difficult and sometimes impossible, so we schedule these rooms in advance and as a courtesy to our guests. Should you not need the pre- or post-trip lodging we can discount accordingly at $200 per-person/per-night (and the single supplement if applicable). Pre-trip lodging is included by default; cancelling pre-trip lodging must happen at least 31 days prior to the first night. There will be a 7 pm Orientation/Introductions with our guides for those who have checked in today.
Day 2: Yosemite Valley & Mist Trail.
Today you will be picked up by your guide(s) at Rush Creek Lodge at 8 am; so grab your breakfast early. After morning stretches we will start off towards the Happy Isles trailhead to hike the famous Mist Trail. This hike takes you right up next to two of Yosemite’s most well-known waterfalls, Vernal and Nevada Falls, and along the eastern edge of the aptly named Panorama Cliff. You will complete your loop and return to the valley via the famous John Muir Trail, offering new perspectives of the waterfalls you just hiked beside. Following the hike we will drive back to Rush Creek Lodge for an evening of dinner and relaxation. Total Mileage: 7.2 miles
Day 3: Mt. Hoffman & May Lake
After a hearty breakfast at Rush Creek we will shuttle you to the May Lake parking lot where we will have the option to summit Mt. Hoffman (10, 850’). This is the geographical center of Yosemite, as well as John Muir’s favorite view in all of Yosemite. On our way back, we will have a chance to take a dip in May Lake. We will return to the lodge in time for dinner and s’mores at the campfire circle by the outdoor pool. Total Mileage: 6.0 miles
Day 4: Mariposa Grove, Glacier Point, Sentinel Dome & Taft Point
This is one of our busiest days! After an early morning breakfast we will head to the famous Mariposa Grove of Giant Sequoia trees located by the parks southern boundary. This is the largest grove in Yosemite and is home to over 500 mature trees. After touring the grove, we will head to a picnic lunch in Wawona. After lunch we will continue our travels to the famous Glacier Point, where we will spend time taking in the views and learning about the history of this most famous landmark. From Glacier Point we will hike to the summit of Sentinel Dome at 8,122’ for an amazing 360-degree view. After descending Sentinel Dome, we will have the option of hiking to Taft Point for a magical sunset all before returning to the lodge for dinner. Total Mileage: 9.0 miles
Day 5: Tuolumne Meadows
After breakfast at Rush Creek, our guides will shuttle you back along the scenic Hwy 120/Tioga Pass Road to one of the largest high-elevation meadows in the Sierra Nevada: Tuolumne Meadows. At 8,600’ Tuolumne Meadows offers us a chance to hike and explore at an alpine level. We will hike to the top of Lembert Dome for an amazing view of this glacially formed meadow before descending to Dog Lake for lunch and a swim. We will then explore further down the Tuolumne River before returning to the Tuolumne Meadows Visitor Center to catch our shuttle. Dinner and amenities at Rush Creek Lodge.
Day 6: Post-Trip Lodging
Those staying for a final night can have that one well-needed morning to sleep in, and perhaps, follow your late morning with a scheduled massage at Rush Creek (optional, not included in our price).
This is a sample itinerary only.
Although we do our best to follow this itinerary; it can and will change for matters out of our control. Should weather, fire, group desires, and/or delayed seasonal openings affect the chosen itinerary, a different itinerary will be offered.
- Price includes: 5 nights lodging at Rush Creek Lodge, 4-days of hiking with professional local guides, 4-full days of meals (days 2-5), transportation to/from day hikes within the park for duration of the trip, park entrance fees, use of trekking poles, and guides emergency gear and water purification.
- Not included: Transportation to/from Yosemite, dinner night 1, breakfast day 6, alcoholic beverages, . Please also refer to the Lodging/Hiking Equipment List.
- Single travelers requesting a shared accommodation will need to pay a “forced single supplement” when there are no other travelers of the same sex also requesting shared accommodations.
- Remember, all profits from our guided trips go towards our non-profit youth summer camp program.
Room Amenities, courtesy of Rush Creek:
- Alexa Entertainment Devices – To allow you to stay in touch and entertained, we offer wifi enabled Alexa devices in all of our guest rooms that provide access to music, sports, news, talk and more.
- Comfy Beds with Feather Pillows – To help you get a great night’s sleep, our rooms feature comfortable Sealy beds and luxurious, hypoallergenic feather pillows from Pacific Coast Feather.
- Gourmet Coffee Brewers – Coffee lovers will appreciate our Keurig single-cup brewers. These patented units allow you to brew gourmet coffee in the comfort of your own room.
- Hot Water Kettles & Complimentary Tea – Boil water in the comfort of your room for a calming cup of tea at the end of your day filled with Yosemite adventures.
- Daily New York Times Digest – Keep up on current events with this abridged daily version of the New York Times, free for lodging guests.
- In-Room Games & Books– Spend some quality time as a couple or a family enjoying our selection of classic games, from Scrabble to Yahtzee to Dominoes.
- Mini Fridges – Our rooms include a small refrigerator perfect for storing snacks, beverages, etc. Visit our general store to stock up on these items and more.
- Hair Dryers/Irons – Hairdryers are provided in each of our rooms. Irons are available upon request at our Reception Desk.
- In-Room Safes – For that extra peace of mind, we’ve added programmable electronic safes to all our rooms. These safes are large enough to store your camera, laptop and more.
- Daily Housekeeping – Housekeeping service is provided on a daily basis. Fresh towels and linens are provided at check-in and upon request during your stay. We are proud to supply Earththerapy bath products in all of our guest rooms.
- Guest Laundry – You’ll find coin-operated laundry machines for guest use in the hotel.
- Free Wi-Fi – You can stay connected with free Wi-Fi service in all of our guest rooms, in our lovely Computer Lounge located in the Guest Lodge, in the Main Lodge Guest Lounge, and in the public areas of the Guest Lodge and Reception building.
- Air Conditioning – All Lodge Rooms, Suites, and Villas feature air conditioning with individual temperature control.
|Lodge King Room||Villa|
|5 people||not available||$2,399/person|
|6 people||not available||$2,179/person|