Full payment is due upon registration for all Day Trips and preferred for all Backpacking Trips and our youth Summer Camp series. During check-out you may opt to pay a 50% deposit at time of booking and the remaining 50% 30 days from departure. If choosing this option you can either complete payment on your own with the self-service link in the confirmation email or you will be billed automatically at or shortly after the 30 day interval for the remaining amount. Feel free to contact us personally to set up any other payment plan. When registering online expect to pay a booking fee of 3.0% (which is capped at $30) and a processing fee of 2.7% (no cap). These fees can be avoided by paying by check. For detailed information see Payment Options.
CANCELLATION AND REFUND POLICY
Lasting Adventures reserves the right to cancel trips. If this is the case a full refund of the amount paid will be returned. If a trip is cancelled by Lasting Adventures due to circumstances beyond our control a trip credit equal to the full amount paid will be issued. Lasting Adventures is not responsible for additional expenses incurred while preparing for the trip.
Multi-Day Adventures/Summer Camps Cancellation Policy
The following cancellation policy is only for trips booked directly through our official website, lastingadventures.com. If you have booked via a third-party website, such as The Clymb, TripAdvisor Experiences/Viator, or bookyogaretreats.com, the below policy does not apply, and you are held to the third-party’s cancellation policy.
If you cancel or leave a multi-day trip for any reason:
- More than 90 days prior to the trip start date, we will grant you a full refund. (*Exception: our Lodging/Hiking package has a $100 non-refundable processing fee per room booked.)
- Between 90 and 61 days prior to the trip start date, we will you a full refund minus a $50/person processing fee.
- Between 60 and 46 days prior to the trip start date, we will retain 25 percent of the trip cost. You may also take a non-refundable credit of the full value paid.
- Between 45 and 31 days prior to the trip start date, we will retain 50 percent of the trip cost. You may also take a non-refundable credit of the full value paid.
- Less than 31 days prior to the trip start date, or once the trip has begun, there will be no refund or credit.
- There will be no cost for cancellations for trips we are unable to run due to closures and/or restrictions by government officials. We will make departure determinations for trips 7 days in advance of the departure date. Refunds for trips not able to be run will be processed within 5 days of the intended departure date and can only be processed back to the original payment method used for the current trip.
- Exception: We may make this determination 15 days in advance for Lodging Packages.
- Any portion of a trip purchased with a credit from a previous year will revert back to a credit.
- Due to the difficulties of running seasonal programs, a lost season can affect us greatly. We appreciate any of our customers that would choose to take a lifetime, transferable credit for the value paid of their trip, should the trip not be able to operate due to government restrictions.
- Final payments on multi-day trips are automatically processed/due at 30 days in advance of the trip. Any new multi-day booking made at/within 45-days in advance will be required to pay in full.
- Exception: Final payments are due at least 45 days in advance for our Lodging/Hiking package.
- For our Summer Camps, due to COVID-19 in 2021 participants must have a responsible party available within 6 hours of Yosemite Valley for pickup in case of emergency.
- If we determine that a trip should be pulled or cancelled mid-way through the trip (for example, due to unhealthy smoke levels or other circumstances outside our control, we will provide a credit for the unused portion of the trip.
Day Hike Cancellation Policy:
Day Hike Cancellation Policy: Full refund less a $25 per/person processing fee if more than 30 days out, 50% refund with 72 hours notice, no refund within 72 hours.
Departing From a Trip: Once a participant has joined a trip and the trip has begun, no opportunities for refunds or credits will be possible, regardless of the reason for departure. Costs associated with assisting a participant with evacuating from the wilderness will be passed on to the participant. Travel Insurance (below) is strongly recommended.
48 Hour Cancellation Policy: Cancellations of any trip can be made without penalty within 48 hours of the initial booking. After 48 hours our standard terms and conditions apply. To cancel, please email us at [email protected] or leave a voicemail at 800-513-8651. This policy does not apply if the booked trip occurs within 96 hours of the initial booking.
Two-Person Minimum: On all of our multi-day trips we have a two person minimum. Should you be the only person registered, we will contact you 30-days in advance of your scheduled date with options that may include switching to another trip/date and/or a single-participant surcharge.
Lodging/Hiking Cancellation Policy: Due to the cancellation policy of our partner hotel, no refunds or credits are possible for Lodging/Hiking packages within 31 days of the first night’s accommodations.
Trip Changes: On overnight trips, for changes made less than 30 days from departure we may charge a fee of up to $50.
TRIP CHANGE/CREDIT POLICY
Once you book a trip with Lasting Adventures, the value you paid is valid towards switching to another trip in the current or the coming year, pending available spaces on the new trip. Changes to your booking and conversion to a credit must occur more than 30 days prior to your original start date. This credit is good through the end of the following year after the year in which you originally scheduled. Once changed to a credit, credits are non-refundable and are a dollar-for-dollar value.
In addition to full payment; final acceptance of any participant is subject to receipt and review of all the Required Forms. These forms are also attached to your confirmation email once you register online.
We will require an additional medical release for any guests on multi-day trips, guests traveling solo on any day trip, any “Half Dome in a Day” Hiker, or any guest who is currently under the care of a physician for any ongoing disease, illness, or any other condition/factor that may be a concern on the trip.
Lasting Adventures runs traditional backpacking trips. Traditional backpacking is done without the use of porters, stock, or other assistance. You will be expected to carry all of your own personal gear and a share of the group gear and food in a backpack for the duration of this trip. The weight can be expected to be 30-50 lbs and no more than the recommended ⅓ of your body weight.
As needed, it is recommended that participants discuss their ability to conduct a backpacking trip with their doctor, including (but not limited to) the ability to carry heavy loads over long distances and strenuous and uneven terrain. Levels of difficulty listed on our website are relative and in no way an objective declaration of difficulty, and a regular physical exercise program is recommended prior to going on your adventure.
RECREATIONAL SUMMER CAMP PROGRAM
Our summer camp programs are purely recreational in nature and should not be confused with a wilderness therapy program. Our staff is trained as summer camp counselors/guides and they are not required or expected to have training/experience in therapeutic programs. Your child should individually have the desire to participate in this program and should not be sent against his/her will. Additionally all participants should have experience at sleepaway camps and/or being away from their parents/guardians for multiple nights. No refunds will be given for evacuations due to social, emotional, and/or behavioral reasons. In addition, there will be a minimum fee of $500 for any field evacuation due to social, emotional, and/or behavioral concerns.
All trips are subject to itinerary changes for a wide variety of reasons including, but not limited to permitting, weather, forest fires, park or public land closures, and/or road closures. In most all situations we will offer an alternative itinerary of equal value and quality or a credit through the end of the following season. Payments are non-refundable for itinerary changes. If a trip is cancelled due to circumstances beyond our control a trip credit equal to the full amount paid will be issued.
Due to the nature of backpacking, our guides work long hours. In order to provide the best possible experience to our guests and our guides, we limit the number of hours that our guides work to 15 hours per day. Guides will not be required to be available from 9:00 pm to 6:00 am, unless a different time period is agreed upon by the group prior to this standard break period. This varies on our summer camps, where our staff is available as needed at all times.
During time off, our guides will be available for emergencies, but should be allowed to rest and should not be considered available for other purposes outside of working hours. Please refrain from requesting non-time-sensitive assistance from guides during this period. During working hours, our guides are also entitled to take off 10-minutes every four hours, as well as 30-minute meal breaks every 5 hours, between 6 am and 9 pm. We appreciate your cooperation with these scheduling requirements.
Lasting Adventures understands that firearm laws and policies vary in every area we operate in. Regardless of local laws and policies, Lasting Adventures does not allow firearms on any of our trips. Participants who bring firearms will not be allowed to participate while in possession of their firearm.
For your protection, we strongly recommend the purchase of travel insurance. Travel insurance provides you with trip cancellation/interruption, travel delay, medical expenses, emergency assistance, air flight, baggage and baggage delay coverage to protect your financial investment. Travel Insurance is available at checkout for 10% of the total cost of your trip and offered through the Protect Group. This travel insurance does allow you to cancel your trip for any reason. See more information on this policy HERE.
Travel Insurance is the easiest and best way to protect both yourself and our smaller non-profit organization against last-minute cancellations. We will happily provide timely and accurate documentation for any insurance claim related to our trips upon request. If you do not purchase Travel Insurance that covers your situation, we will follow our Terms and Conditions outlined above.
See our Coupon Use Terms and Conditions.