COVID-19 and Traveling with Lasting Adventures
Due to the evolving nature of coronavirus and CDC and WHO guidelines, this policy is subject to changes. Please check in regularly for updates. As well, enrolled participants will be advised of any updated policies/information in pre-trip emails.
Safeguarding the health and well-being of Lasting Adventures’ guests and staff is our number one priority. Fortunately the majority of our programs are outside as we believe that the need to connect through outdoor adventures has never been greater. Our administrative team also regularly monitors both local and global developments closely, and aligns our policies and procedures in accordance with the best practices provided to us by federal and state authorities.
To reduce the risk of spreading illness and ensure the health of our participants staff on every trip, Lasting Adventures has adopted the following practices, policies, and procedures for our 2022 summer season:
- All Lasting Adventures Staff must be fully vaccinated per CDC recommendations prior to employment.
- All youth summer camp participants must be fully vaccinated prior to their arrival at camp OR obtain a negative COVID-19 PCR test result within 72 hours prior to arrival.
- Lasting Adventures requests, but does not require, that all guests participating in guided multi-day trips with Lasting Adventures (Backpacking, Camping, or Lodging packages) be fully vaccinated OR obtain a negative COVID-19 PCR test 72 hours prior to the start of the trip.
- We do not require testing or a vaccine for our day hikes. Participants will however be subject to health screenings and we request non-participation for those guests exhibiting any signs of illness.
- Increasing sanitation procedures through the disinfecting of all gear and equipment prior to each trip’s departure.
- Provide consultation for unique and “off-the-beaten-path” itineraries and/or meeting locations away from larger crowds.
- Health screen all guides prior to each trip and participants upon arrival.
- Use of face masks while traveling in vehicles.
- Private day hike offerings and multi-day group sizes limited to 8-10 clients and 2 guides.
- Recommended social distancing on trail and in campsites from those outside your party.
- Enhanced cleaning protocols and extra personal hand sanitizer.
- Participants who test positive while on the trip and/or need to be quarantined for a possible illness will be removed from the trip as soon as possible for the safety of other participants. In this situation, it will be the responsibility of the participant’s family to cover expenses related to the quarantine and wilderness extraction.
- Any guests who experience covid symptoms, or receive a positive covid test within 14 days of their trip are asked to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. LA will then reach out to all members of the trip and proper agencies as needed.
- All equipment will be cleaned appropriately with a disinfectant on the EPA list of approved disinfectants, according to the manufacturer’s directions. All surfaces on each item will be disinfected. Gear will be rotated between trips.
*It is important to know that we cannot fully eliminate the risk of contracting any illness, and it is still possible to contract coronavirus, even with social distancing in the wilderness.
See here for our: COVID-19 PROTOCOLS SUMMARY
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
World Health Organization
World Nomads Coronavirus FAQs
If you have any additional concerns or specific questions we are here to answer them. Feel free to contact us at Staff@LastingAdventures.org or by calling 1-800-513-8651.