Thank you for your interest in working for Lasting Adventures!
Unfortunately our hiring is complete for the 2018 Season.
Lasting Adventures is a nonprofit that operates a variety of backcountry programs which utilize Adventure Based Programming as a means of making personal connections with the environment and the world around us. We facilitate youth backpacking summer camps, adventure-based outdoor education programs, corporate adventure programs, family adventures as well as custom backpacking and day trips. We work to ensure our programs are meaningful, supportive, educational and fun.
Although we accept resumes and cover letters on an ongoing basis, our deadline for consideration for the summer season is by the end of February. We strive to hire exceptional and professional individuals who share a passion for the outdoors and want to share that passion with others. Applicants should meet our basic requirements below, and we prefer those who have had prior similar work experiences and/or training in the past.
- Able to legally work in the United States
- A minimum of 18 years old, but prefer 21 and older. (We only hire a few under 21 positions, see below.)
- Wilderness First Responder and CPR
- California Food Handlers Certificate
- Reliable Vehicle
- Mobile phone with Verizon or ATT service
- Solid communication and leadership skills.
- Advanced skills and knowledge in backpacking/hiking and related gear
- Knowledge of Yosemite history, geology, plants, and wildlife (or a passion to learn it quickly)
- Advanced backcountry cooking skills
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Passing a pre-employment background check
- College degree in a related field (ex. Recreation, Environmental Studies, Youth Development. etc.) is also desirable
- Ability to attend a mandatory training during the first week of June
Our Guide Staff begin as leaders on our flagship summer camp program which begins in early June with a mandatory staff training and runs to mid-August. Expect 15-20 days per month. Pending availability and success of our summer camp program, some guides will have the opportunity to become proficient in our Guide Service (Backpacking and Day Trips). This can extend the season until September and early October. See here for a Position Statement.
Lasting Adventures also accepts resumes for those looking for a great outdoor internship. Interns will work beginning with our mandatory staff training in early June through August and will get experience in all facets of our program while focusing predominantly on logistical support. This is a great opportunity for those 18-20 year olds looking to gain more experience. See here: Intern Position Statement.
Apply For A Position Today
If interested for any or our positions please complete and send our application, resume, and cover letter to [email protected]. In your letter please also let us know your availability for the coming season. Finally, please direct any questions here as well. Although we accept applications on an ongoing basis, for consideration for the following season please submit by the end of February. We look forward to hearing from you!