COVID-19 and traveling with Lasting Adventures
Due to the evolving nature of information on coronavirus, this policy is subject to changes. Please check back regularly for updates.
See here for our: COVID-19 PROTOCOLS SUMMARY
As the world copes with challenging times presented by the coronavirus pandemic, safeguarding the health and well-being of Lasting Adventures’ guests and staff is our number one priority. Our administrative team has been monitoring local and global developments closely, and working to address the situation in a proactive manner with policies enacted in accordance with best practices provided by federal and state authorities. Lasting Adventures is unique in that we offer small-group backcountry adventures in natural, outdoor environments removed from population centers. To ensure the health of our participants, groups on every trip engage in the following field techniques that increase our ability to socially isolate, helping to reduce the risk of spreading germs:
- Consistent and frequent hand-washing and use of provided hand-sanitizer on all trips.
- Choosing campsites located near rivers or lakes to provide opportunities for bathing and hygiene maintenance.
- Dish-washing and sanitizing with boiled water and natural soap after each meal.
- Thoroughly washing and disinfecting all gear at our local guide house after each trip.
- Isolating and/or removing participants or guides who become sick or ill during a trip.
- Providing an on-call system for substitute guides to quickly exchange staff should a guide become ill during an outing (our guides are covered with sick leave).
In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, we are now also enacting the following procedures, policies, and programs:
- All staff (Guides and Administration) will be required to get vaccinated.
- Lasting Adventures requests that all participants become vaccinated OR that in the week prior to their adventure, test for COVID and quarantine prior to their scheduled trips with us.
- Maximum group sizes are limited to 8-10 clients and 2 guides.
- Increasing sanitation procedures in disinfecting all gear and equipment prior to each trip’s departure.
- Offering clients an option to purchase personal, brand-new gear at discounted rates in advance of each trip.
- We will no longer provide group toothpaste; instead, we will provide individual toothpaste tablets for each person.
- Social distancing on the trail and in the campsite from from those outside your party.
- Use of face masks when in close proximity to others, and in transit (as applicable).
- Offering only private day hike tours, except for our ‘Half Dome in a Day’ hike.
- Providing consultation for unique and “off-the-beaten-path” itineraries and/or meeting locations away from the crowds.
- Following best practices provided by state and local authorities as well as the American Outdoors Association and the American Camp Association.
- Guides and participants will be screened for illnesses before every trip. Participants who arrive ill or become ill while on the trip will be removed from the trip as soon as possible for the safety of other participants.
- Due to restrictions on travel, and fewer participants traveling by air, we are unable to offer our Adventure Shuttle for summer campers in 2021.
*It is important to know that we cannot fully eliminate the risk and it is still possible to contract coronavirus, even with social distancing in the wilderness.
Your reservation with us grants you access to Yosemite National Park.
Once again Yosemite National Park will be limiting access in 2021 and requiring reservations. If you have booked a trip with us we will be providing you with a gate entry document in lieu of the reservation that is good only for the duration of the dates scheduled with us. This will be emailed to you 1-2 weeks prior to your trip with us. See here for more information from Yosemite on how COVID-19 might affect your visit.
Travel insurance is highly recommended.
For your protection, we strongly recommend the purchase of travel insurance. Travel insurance provides you with trip cancellation/interruption, travel delay, medical expenses, emergency assistance, air flight, baggage and baggage delay coverage to protect your financial investment. Travel Insurance is available at checkout for 10% of the total cost of your trip and offered through the Protect Group. This travel insurance does allow you to cancel your trip for any reason. See more information on this policy HERE. Please note this policy is only for the additional travel insurance offered at checkout and is not for travel insurance purchased elsewhere.
Travel Insurance is the easiest and best way to protect both yourself and our smaller non-profit organization against last-minute cancellations. We will happily provide timely and accurate documentation for any insurance claim related to our trips upon request. If you do not purchase Travel Insurance that covers your situation, we will strictly follow our Terms and Conditions outlined above.
If you have any additional concerns or specific questions we are here to answer them. Feel free to contact us at [email protected] or by calling 1-800-513-8651.