COVID-19 and traveling with Lasting Adventures
Due to the evolving nature of information on coronavirus, this policy is subject to changes. Please check back regularly for updates.
As the world copes with challenging times presented by the coronavirus pandemic, safeguarding the health and well-being of Lasting Adventures’ guests and staff is our number one priority. Our administrative team has been monitoring local and global developments closely, and working to address the situation in a proactive manner with policies enacted in accordance with best practices provided by federal and state authorities. Lasting Adventures is unique in that we offer small-group backcountry adventures in natural, outdoor environments removed from population centers. To ensure the health of our participants, groups on every trip engage in the following field techniques that reduce the risk of spreading germs:
- Consistent and frequent hand-washing and use of provided hand-sanitizer on all trips.
- Choosing campsites located near rivers or lakes to provide opportunities for bathing and hygiene maintenance.
- Dish-washing and sanitizing with boiled water and natural soap after each meal.
- Thoroughly washing and disinfecting all gear at our local guide house after each trip.
- Isolating and/or removing participants or guides who become sick or ill during a trip.
- Providing an on-call system for substitute guides to quickly exchange staff should a guide become ill during an outing (our guides are covered with sick leave).
In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, we are now also enacting the following procedures, policies, and programs:
- Doubling sanitation procedures in disinfecting all company gear prior to each trip’s departure.
- Offering clients an option to purchase personal, brand-new gear at discounted rates in advance of each trip.
- We will no longer provide group toothpaste. Participants should bring their own travel size toothpaste in a ziplock bag.
- Requiring all group participants to sign an absence-of-illness agreement prior to the trip, stating that they have not been ill or in the presence of anyone with the coronavirus, to the best of their knowledge, for the past 20 days.
- Offering only private day hike tours.
- Providing consultation for unique and “off-the-beaten-path” itineraries and/or meeting locations away from the crowds.
- Providing PRIVATE summer camps at the request of participants for groups of at least 8 friends and/or family members, and PRIVATE backpacking trips (for groups of 4 or more participants) at no additional cost to participants.
We’ve also updated our Terms and Conditions due to COVID-19. The updates are as follows:
- On day hikes, we will offer no-charge cancellation until 72 hours prior to the departure of the hike. After 72 hours, our normal fees will apply.
- Final payments on multi-day trips are automatically taken 60 days out. As needed, this can be extended to 30 days; please let us know prior to the 60 day mark.
- There will be no cost for cancellations of multi-day trips made at least 60 days in advance. Within 60 days of departure our normal cancellation policy applies.
- There will be no cost for cancellations for trips we are unable to run due to closures and/or restrictions by government officials. We will make departure determinations for multi-day trips 7 days in advance of the departure date, and 3 days in advance for day hikes. Refunds for trips not able to be run will be processed within 5 days of the intended departure date and can only be processed back to the original payment method used for the current trip. *Note that we may make this determination 15 days in advance for Lodging Packages. Any portion of a trip purchased with a credit from a previous year will revert back to a credit.
- Due to the difficulties of running seasonal programs, a lost season can affect us greatly. We appreciate any of our customers that would choose to take a lifetime, transferable credit for the length of their trip (which guards against future price increases), should the trip not be able to operate due to government restrictions.
- If you choose to cancel your multi-day adventure for any reason, with at least 72 hours advance notice from the date and time of departure, we will honor this and offer you a transferable lifetime credit of the value paid.
- If you have booked via a third-party website, such as The Clymb, TripAdvisor Experiences/Viator, or bookyogaretreats.com, our new policies do not apply, and you are held to the third-party’s cancellation policy.
Travel insurance is highly recommended.
For your protection, we strongly recommend the purchase of travel insurance. Travel insurance provides you with trip cancellation/interruption, travel delay, medical expenses, emergency assistance, air flight, baggage and baggage delay coverage to protect your financial investment. We recommend World Nomads Travel Insurance, as they do not currently have an exclusion clause should you contract Coronavirus (see their FAQs). Consider searching for a Cancellation For Any Reason (CFAR) policy. World Nomads does not have a CFAR policy.
This is the easiest and best way to protect both yourself and our small non-profit organization against last-minute cancellations. We will happily provide timely and accurate documentation for any insurance claim related to our trips upon request. If you do not purchase Travel Insurance that covers your situation, we will follow our Terms and Conditions outlined above.
If you have any additional concerns or specific questions we are here to answer them. Feel free to contact us at [email protected] or by calling 1-800-513-8651.