“Developing Skills, Attitudes and Memories to Last a Lifetime.”
Whether a participant on one of our youth summer camps, or a client on one of our fully-outfitted guided backpacking adventures, our mission is to increase ones connection with the outside world through adventures that are are sure to last a lifetime!
On our youth program our objectives include using the natural environment and outdoor activities to teach participants the necessary skills and attitudes for living successful lives. Through safe risk taking and Adventure Based Programming, participants will be challenged to improve their sense of self-esteem, self-worth, and self-confidence. Along with creating lasting memories, it is our goal that participants will finish this adventure with a greater knowledge of themselves, the world, and the environment around them.
The objectives of the Lasting Adventures youth programs include:
- Increasing personal confidence through activities that give physical and emotional challenge.
- Developing behaviors and character skills that include integrity, honesty, responsibility, respect, compassion, and self-discipline.
- Providing experiences in leadership and group problem solving techniques.
- Having fun and developing lasting relationships and great memories!
- Additional outcomes of this adventure will include: backpacking skills, back country ethics, and environmental awareness.
Leave No Trace
Lasting Adventure, Inc. also embraces and teaches all participants the seven principles of “Leave No Trace.” As stated by the Leave No Trace Center for Outdoor Ethics, “these principles are designed to help outdoor enthusiasts with their decisions about how to reduce their impacts when they hike, camp, picnic, snowshoe, run, bike, hunt, paddle, ride horses, fish, ski or climb.” Lasting Adventures, Inc. believes that by teaching and role modeling these principles to our participants, that each participant is then given the necessary knowledge and hands-on-experience to become stewards to our environment. Lasting Adventures, Inc. is a partner with the Leave No Trace Center for Outdoor Ethics.
- Plan Ahead and Prepare
- Travel and Camp on Durable Surfaces
- Dispose of Waste Properly
- Leave What You Find
- Minimize Campfire Impacts
- Respect Wildlife
- Be Considerate of Other Visitors
For more information on Leave No Trace, please visit the Leave No Trace Center for Outdoor Ethics at:www.lnt.org.